About this program
The CEO Apprentice Africa
The Businessday CEO Apprentice boot camp focuses on equipping teenagers; ages 15 and up with the skills required to set up a business.
The program will feature the use of the latest technology in training, including the use of a workbook, which becomes a functional business plan, teaches young entrepreneurs how to come up with a business idea, how to structure their company, how to price their products, product testing and market validation, customer segmentation, competitor analysis and go to market strategies.
They will also learn to develop a business model, how to find their customers and how to create a marketing, advertising plan including special sessions on Coding and Robotics.
Working in teams, teenagers will develop a business model to present in the form of a sixty-second elevator pitch at the end of the week. The competition will be judged by local entrepreneurs, advocates, and business professionals. The winning team will receive seed capital to start their business.
Participants begin converting abstract notions of entrepreneurship into the actual practice of innovation on day one. With help from mentors and a network of established Entrepreneurs, teams model revenue sources, test marketing strategies, build prototypes, design user interfaces and create branding.
STEP BY STEP
Applicants must be within the ages 15-19 years, and should have a business plan
Follow BusinessDay social media handle @businessdayng on instagram, facebook and twitter
Follow the hash-tag #bdceoapprentice2018.
Fill the form below to complete your registration. Click Here to start
Here are some keynote speakers for this bootcamp
Date: 20th- 25th August 2018
Time: 9am - 4pm daily
- Start Up/Project Ideation
- Business Model Generation
- Customer Discovery- Identifying and addressing your customer segments, targeting 4 P’s and Market Research
- Begin Collaboration in Teams (Marshmallow Challenge)
- Elevator Pitching 101
- Marketing & Strategy - Identifying competition and developing competitive advantage
- Online marketing as a strategic tool for business elevation
- Branding/Logo Design
- Shark Tank Viewing
- Team Collaboration/Project work
- Preliminary Pitches/Feedback Sessions
- Understanding the legal environment of Business
- Raising Finance
- Team Collaboration
- Leveraging Technology & Innovation
- Mentoring Session
- Site Visit
- Site Visit